Students requesting to change majors to Petroleum Engineering either from other College of Engineering departments or from TAMU departments outside the College of Engineering, should have completed all of the following first year coursework with a minimum grade of “C”:

ENGL 104

MATH 151 and MATH 152

PHYS 218 and PHYS 208

CHEM 107 and CHEM 117; or CHEM 102 and CHEM 112

Note: Applications are competitive and, in recent semesters, successful students have had at least a 3.0 GPA in these courses. 

Students also must complete and submit the Change of Major Request Application by the deadlines indicated on the application form. Further information on this submission can be found on the application. 

Change of Major Request Application