Skip To Main Content

Newly Enrolled Degree Seeking Students only

According to the graduate catalog, each student must:

  • Know the specific degree requirements as established by the university or the student's department, college or school.
  • Enroll in the appropriate coursework to complete the degree plan.
  • Maintain the appropriate standards to continue graduate studies.
  • Know the steps and deadlines related to graduation located on the Graduate and Professional Studies website.
  • Get acquainted with the Texas A&M University Student Rules.

For more information, visit the Graduate and Professional Studies website.

Getting Started

Once you are admitted to the university, set up the following:


All official university email is sent to your Texas A&M University email account - - and is accessed using your NetID. It is imperative that you check your university Gmail account frequently.


Use Texas A&M Gmail for any departmental communications. To forward your student email to work or personal account, go to Aggie Gateway under the "Email Settings" tab.

Photograph - Mandatory, for internal use only

Add yourself to the distance learning (DL) Listserv (degree-seeking students only)

Check for holds in HOWDY

  • All holds must be cleared prior to registration. Contact the distance learning staff for any concerns/questions.


Academic Calendar

  • Bookmark the Academic Calendar to find official university dates for registration deadlines, fee payment deadline, classes, dropping/adding courses, end of the semester deadlines, etc.

Available courses

  • Click on course link (located in the menu on this page) for information about distance learning courses. 
Required courses
  • Students without a petroleum engineering degree will be required to take the following courses first: PETE 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 667. NOTE: These courses WILL BE part of your degree plan.
  • Students with petroleum engineering degree may be required to take two or three of the following courses: PETE 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 667. This will be determined by your chair (a.k.a. advisor)

NOTE: If you are enrolled in one course and need to drop it, visit the HOWDY portal. Follow links for withdrawing.

Accessing course materials 

  • All course materials are accessible through the course website located within e-campus. 
  • Access to e-campus will be the first day of classes, although sometimes a professor may not use e-campus and will contact you via Gmail. 
  • E-campus: You must use your NetID login and password to access e-campus.
  • You will not gain access to the course website and materials until all holds have been removed from your account.
  • The course website contains a calendar, links to the course syllabus, access to synchronous communication, Chat, and asynchronous communication, Discussion Board(s).
  • Generally, professors will not have the syllabus posted until the beginning of the semester, so please check e-campus.
  • You may contact the professor ahead of time with questions pertaining to the course.

Plan ahead for the next semester 

Consult your graduate adviser for suggested courses if courses on your degree plan are not being taught during a particular semester. It is okay to change courses. Your last semester you can do a petition for course changes.

  • You must have your committee formed by the end of your second semester or third course, whichever comes first.
  • Information about degree plans will be sent to the DL Listserv beginning of the semester; or, check on this DL website under current student link for degree plan information.
  • Remember to bookmark and check the Academic Calendar.

International Students

For the most current information, go to International Student Services (ISS).

  • Any forms must be updated if they expire.


The Engineering Online site has a listing of many distance learning student resources.

Returning Students

If you dropped out of the program and want to return to finish your degree, please note the following:

  • You have seven years to complete the degree, starting from the first time registered in the department.
  • You must fill out the readmit form and send to the Office of Admissions.  The committee will review your application and courses taken thus far in the DL Program. Readmit form and information:

 Contact distance learning staff for help with registration, questions about courses to take, clearing holds, and so forth.