Skip To Main Content

College Financial Assistance

More information on college-based financial assistance opportunities for graduate students can be found on this page about funding for graduate school.

Department Financial Assistance

There are two main types of graduate student financial assistance in our department.

Research Assistantships and Teaching Assistantships

Research assistantship (RA) positions are offered at the discretion of each faculty member, based on the availability of funds. Teaching assistantship (TA) positions are department-funded and are offered based on a student’s qualifications. Both positions are usually half-time employment and require full-time student status, though other conditions may apply.

Visit one of our department Business Coordinators if you receive an RA or TA position which entitles you to in-state tuition, because you will need to fill out required forms for this every semester.


Fellowships come with unique conditions, such as length of duration, stipend rates, dispersion, funding for tuition or fees, registration requirements, etc. 

For more information on our department assistantships and fellowships, please email us at We will be happy to answer any questions.