Skip To Main Content

For students transitioning from an Engineering Academy partner campus to Texas A&M University

Are you ready to fully transition to Texas A&M University?

  • Plan your  summer coursework accordingly! Students wanting to transition into their major at Texas A&M the following fall/spring term must have earned Entry to a Major and completed the required calculus for their admitted major. This means students must have MATH 2415 completed prior to transitioning into any College of Engineering major except computer science, industrial distribution or the engineering technology majors. MATH 2414 is the highest level calculus required for computer science, industrial distribution, or the engineering technology majors. 

Looking for scholarships and financial aid?

  • Scholarships: Submit the  Texas A&M University Scholarship Application for continuing students closes Feb. 1. This should be completed by students planning to transition into their major at Texas A&M the following fall or spring term.    
  • Financial Aid: Submit your financial aid application and required documents to both the Academy community college and to TAMU. The  Texas A&M University Financial Aid office will not process a financial aid application until you have earned Entry to a Major (ETAM) and your major is changed in the system. However, it is good to have the application and documents submitted and on file at both institutions. If you remain co-enrolled, the Academy community college will continue to process your aid. If you transition to Texas A&M, the university will process your aid application. 

Need a job?

Looking for cool ways to connect with other Aggies also transitioning or transferring to Texas A&M?

  • Consider attending an Aggie Transition Camp such as T-Camp held in the summer and Howdy Camp held in January. These camps are not mandatory but fun ways to meet more students and expand your knowledge about the many opportunities as a Texas A&M student and Texas A&M traditions.    
  • If your schedule allows, plan a visit to the Texas A&M campus with your parents/family/support system. Students transitioning to Texas A&M in the fall term have an opportunity to attend a New Student Orientation specifically for transitioning students in mid-August. The New Student and Family Programs office will be able to provide more details. 

Need a place to live?

  • On-Campus Housing: Similar to financial aid, on campus housing applications will not be available and reviewed until you have earned entry-to-a-major and your major is changed in the system. However, reviewing the on-campus housing options can be beneficial for you and your family.
  • Off-Campus Housing: Texas A&M has a great  online search option to explore off-campus properties.  Each year the Texas A&M Division of Student Life also puts out an off-campus survival manual. It includes a list of properties in the Bryan/College Station area along with other helpful information.    

Parking or taking the bus?

What resources are available to help adjust to college life in Aggieland?

  • When you are on the Texas A&M campus, do not hesitate to reach out to the Academies team with any questions. The Academies office is in suite 482 of the  Zachry Engineering Education Complex (ZACH). Academies team members remain ready to help you navigate campus once you’ve transitioned. The Academies team also holds semester socials as an opportunity to reconnect.  
  • Contact the  Academic Success Center for tutoring, supplemental instruction, academic coaching, and so much more!
  • Visit  Campus Libraries for research assistance, books, articles, instructional sessions, technology use, and media.
  • Student Business Services can help you and your family better understand and manage your financial responsibilities.
  • Money Education Center: Learn tips on how to better manage your money and spend wisely.
  • Want to talk to a counselor? Student Counseling Services are available in Zachry and near the  White Creek Apartments to support students seeking individual, group, and/or couples counseling. You can visit the counseling services website to schedule a counseling session.

Need more details or have other questions not listed here?