Our graduate admissions process has changed.

As of Sept. 6, 2018, the graduate admissions process has changed. Details about the new process can be found on the graduate admissions page.

The Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering (MEng) should be thought of as a professional, terminal degree. This degree does not include a thesis, project, or final examination.

Advisory Committee

MEng students will have a default advisory committee consisting solely of the Graduate Advisor as chair.

Degree Plan

Requirements for the MEng degree include:

  • At least 12 credit hours of graded CSCE graduate coursework (excluding CSCE681, 684, 685, 691).
  • At least 6 credit hours of graded ECEN graduate coursework that is not cross-listed with CSCE (excluding ECEN 681, 684, 685, 691).
  • At least 6 credit hours of graded elective graduate coursework (excluding 681, 684, 685, and 691). This may include CSCE, ECEN, or other approved graduate courses.
  • At most one approved three-credit 400–level CSCE or ECEN undergraduate course. See Section 4.4. This course does NOT count towards the 12 hours of CSCE graded graduate coursework.
  • 1 credit hour of CSCE 681 (Graduate Seminar).
  • Up to 3 credit hours of CSCE 685 (Directed Studies).
  • A total of at least 30 credit hours satisfying the above requirements.

The major steps, and deadlines for completing them, required for the MEng degree is outlined in Section 4.3. Section 4.4 lists restrictions on the courses that can be used on the degree plan, as well as other common questions/issues. For additional information and clarification, please see the graduate catalog and the Department’s graduate program webpages.

View Current Program Requirements