There are many opportunities for undergraduates to get engaged in research, both during the academic year and during the summer.

During the academic year, students can enroll in undergraduate independent research courses (CSCE 291 and CSCE 491) with faculty; please see departmental guidelines for enrollment procedures. Also, all students participating in the Computer Science and Engineering Track of Engineering Honors (EH-CSCE) participate in an intensive undergraduate research experience, culminating in an Honors Thesis.

There are also a number of opportunities for participating in research during the summer. 

Undergraduate Summer Research Grants (USRG) at Texas A&M University.


A list of National Science Foundation Funded REU sites in computer science can be found at