Skip To Main Content

Q: How do I get into the Industrial Engineering Undergraduate Program?

That depends on who you are:

If you are a high-school student, then you need to first be admitted into the College of Engineering at Texas A&M. After finishing a common freshmen year, you would apply through the Entry to a Major process.

If you are a student who is currently in another department of engineering at Texas A&M, or a non-engineering department at Texas A&M, or from outside Texas A&M, then you would have to "change your major" or "transfer" in. Check out the  College of Engineering transfer students page to find out more about the transfer process.

Q: What criteria is used for admission into Industrial Engineering?

A holistic review process is used for entry-to-a-major, change of major, transfer, and readmit students. Admission decisions depend on capacity (i.e. number of students currently enrolled, projected number of general engineering students, and projected transfer students). Most importantly, they depend on the academic record. Students who are successful in MATH (in particular, ones that have shown promise in algebra, calculus, probability and statistics) and Computer Programming (both structured programming languages as well as software) are considered.

Q: How do I determine if a course from another university will transfer to TAMU?

  1. Check the Transfer Course Equivalency
    1. If you are a TAMU student looking to take a course at another college, select "Search by TAMU Course"
      1. Select the subject and course you want to search
      2. Select the college you want to take the course at, or you may search "ALL colleges in Texas" to view a list of equivalent courses at all Texas colleges
      3. Click "Search by TAMU Course"
    2. If you want to determine if a course that you have taken will transfer to TAMU, then select "Search by Sending Institution" 
      1. Select the state and college that you are sending the course from
      2. Select the course you completed at that college
      3. Click "Get Equivalencies"
  2. Questions may also be directed to the Office of Admissions at
  3. Speak with an ISEN advisor regarding course substitutions for the ISEN curriculum.

Q: Where do I send my transcript?

Students who have completed coursework at another college or university and wish to have that credit evaluated for use on a degree plan at Texas A&M University, must provide an official transcript. Transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope. The Office of Admissions processes all transfer credit from students earned from any other college or university for current and prospective students.

The address for mailing a transcript to Texas A&M University:
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P. O. Box 30014
College Station, TX 77842-3014

However, if you are a degree candidate for the semester in which the transcript is being submitted, please request that your official transcript be sent to:

Degree Audit
Texas A&M University
P. O. Box 30018
College Station, TX 77842-3018

Q: How do I contact an advisor?

Walk-in hours - Vary by Advisor

Appointments - To meet an advisor in person, schedule an appointment through Howdy.

Email - Email the ISEN undergraduate advising office and include your UIN if you have one. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.

By Phone - You may also call 979-845-5531 and leave a message. In the message include your name, UIN, phone number, and a brief message for why you are calling.

Q: Who is my advisor?

There are no assigned advisors. You may see any ISEN advisor.

Q: When do I register for courses?

  1. Check the Office of Registration website for the registration schedule each semester
  2. Check Howdy Portal to view your assigned registration time
  3. Check Howdy Portal to view holds/blocks that may prevent you from registration. Click HERE for instructions to view holds/blocks
  4. Accept your Lab Safety Acknowledgement (LSA) in your Howdy Portal . You must accept your LSA EACH semester to register
  5. During your assigned registration period, you may register for a maximum of 17 hours for the fall and spring semesters and 6 hours for each summer term. If you miss or do not complete your pre-registration during your assigned 48 hours, you will have to wait for open registration.
  6. Student employment early registration information can be found HERE.


Common registration errors

  • Student Attribute Error: Accept your Lab Safety Acknowledgement, check to see if you are registering for an honors, other TAMU location (i.e. Galveston).
  • Major: Must be in major that is identified in course attribute.
  • Class: If the class is restricted to U3 or U4, for example, and you are a U2.
  • Prerequisites: If you do not have the required prerequisites because of a transfer substitution.  

*Click restrictions and details under the course name for major and classification details.

 Q: I am a non-ISEN student and all ISEN 302 sections are full, what do I do?

Contact the undergraduate advisors via email at

Q: I am an ISEN student very interested in taking a non ISEN course but it does not appear on our technical electives list . Can I take it and have it count toward a technical elective?

  1. Email the ISEN undergraduate advising office and include your UIN as well as a syllabus for the course you are interested in taking.
  2. Make a case for why you think it is relevant to your degree for it to be counted as a technical elective.

Q: How do I get into MMET 181?

If you are a current ISEN student and plan to register for MMET 181, send an email to with the information below.

  1. Name
  2. UIN
  3. Have taken ENGR 111 & 112 or ENGR 289?

*You must complete the lab safety acknowledgment in order to register for the course.

Q: I am going on a co-op or internship, what should I do? When should I submit a report? What should the report contain?

The first thing to do is contact the Career Center who will help you with the process. The answers to most co-op report questions can be found here. You may reach the career center at:

209 Koldus Building
1233 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-1233
Phone: (979) 845-5139
Office Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Q: What AP score do I need to receive course credit? How do I accept AP credit?

  • AP score requirements to receive course credit can be found HERE.
  • To accept AP credit: Speak to an advisor.

Q: How do I Q-drop a course?

  1. You must be an ISEN student to drop a course with the ISEN Department Advisors
  2. Fill-out the Q-drop request form
  3. Bring filled out from and meet with an ISEN advisor to drop course

*Students are normally permitted 4 Q-drops at Texas A&M and 6 Q-drops total from all state institutions. See Student Rules for more information

Q: How do I apply for graduation?

Go to the Howdy Portal. Under the 'My Record' tab, select the 'Application for Graduation' link in the Degree Evaluation channel. Before you apply for graduation, check your degree evaluation to make sure that all minors (and/or double majors or degrees) are exactly as you wish them to be.  Contact the ISEN advising office if changes need to be made before you apply for graduation.  If you later discover you need to add or remove a minor, the registrar's office will require you to withdraw your graduation application before those changes can be made.

Q: How do I know if a course has an International and Cultural Diversity (ICD), Social Behavioral Science (SBS), or Creative Arts (CA) attribute?

You can find the list of courses with the above attributes here.

Q: What minors does the University offer? How do I add a minor?

  • HERE is a list of university approved minors.
  • Depends on the minor. You may need to meet with the minor's department advisor and fill-out an application. The list of university approved minors lists the minor application process.

Q: How do I find out information about Global Study Abroad programs?

Visit the Study Abroad website or you may contact the Study Abroad Office at 979-845-0544, or email

Q: Why is my financial aid not covering my courses?

Contact the Scholarships and Financial Aid office.

You may schedule an appointment with a Scholarships & Financial Aid Advisor in College Station by calling (979) 845-3236 at least twenty-four hours in advance. College Station advisors are also available for in-person advising without an appointment, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on a walk-in basis.  College Station advisors are able to assist students from College Station, Galveston, McAllen, the Health Science Center, and the School of Law.
Phone: (979) 845-3236
Telephone Service Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Q: How do I find my cumulative GPA and major GPA?

  1. Go to the Howdy Portal.
  2. Under the 'My Record' tab, select the 'View Degree Evaluation' link in the Degree Evaluation channel.
  3. Click 'Generate New Evaluation'.
  4. Check the circle with your Program name.
  5. Use current semester and make sure the box for 'Use in-progress courses' is checked.
  6. Click 'Generate Request'.
  7. Check the circle for 'Detail Requirements'.
  8. Click 'Submit'.
  9. Program and overall GPA is listed middle of screen, under used credits.

Q: How Do I submit a Degree Planner?

  1. Go to the Howdy Portal.
  2. Use the Undergraduate Degree Planner Student Guide.

Q: What are some tutoring options?

The Academic Success Center offers free drop-in tutoring. Visit the Success Center's page for tutoring schedule and locations.