Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer, Turbulence, Acoustics, Flow Instabilities, Flow Induced Noise, Turbomachinery, Pumps, Compressors, Computerized Data Acquisition and Analysis, Laser Anemometry
Awards & Honors
- Texas A&M University Association of Former Students College Level Teaching Award, 1997.
- Texas A&M Dept. Mech. Engr. Teaching Award, 1994.
- Nelson-Jackson Professorship, 1993-2012
- Research Careers for Minority Scholars Program Mentor
- Texas Engineering Experiment Station Senior TEES Research Fellow.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 1977.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 1974.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 1973.
H. Gong, G. Falcone, C. Teodoriu, and G.L. Morrison. “Comparison of Multiphase Pumping Technologies for Subsea and Downhole Applications.” SPE Oil and Gas Facilities Journal. (2012): 36-46.
A. Al-Ghasem, G.L. Morrison, and J.P. Platt, Jr. “Experimental and Numerical Investigation of a Gas Compressor Windback Seal.” ASME Journal of Tribology. 129.1 (2007): 129-134.
A. Suryanarayanan and G.L. Morrison. “Wall Pressure Distribution on an Eccentric Annular Seal at Fractional Whirl Ratios.”AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power. 22.2 (2006): 397-403.
G.L. Morrison and D.J. Rudroff. “Simplicity of an Orifice and Accuracy of High Tech Meters.” Pipeline and Gas Journal. 230.7 (2003).
G.L. Morrison. “Euler Number Based Orifice Discharge Coefficient Relationship.” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. 125.1 (2003): 189-191.