Renewable energy and power systems
Unmanned air vehicle transportation management system
Wireless networks and 5G
Awards & Honors
- Member, National Academy of Engineering
- Outstanding Contribution Award of ACM SIGMOBILE
- Infocom Achievement Award
- ACM SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award
- ACM Fellow
- Distinguished Alumnus Award from IIT Madras
- D.Sc. in Systems Science and Mathematics from Washington University, St. Louis, in 1977
- M.S. in Systems Science and Mathematics from Washington University, St. Louis, in 1975
- B. Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering (Electronics) from I.I.T. Madras in 1973
Bharadwaj Satchidanandan and P. R. Kumar, “Dynamic Watermarking: Active Defense of Networked Cyber-Physical Systems.” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 105, No. 2, pp. 219-240, February 2017.
Jonathan Ponniah, Yih-Chun Hu and P. R. Kumar, “A System-Theoretic Clean Slate Approach to Provably Secure Ad Hoc Wireless Networking.” IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 206 - 217, June 2016.
Woo-Hyun Ko, Bharadwaj Satchidanandan and P. R. Kumar, “Theory and Implementation of Dynamic Watermarking for Cybersecurity of Advanced Transportation Systems.” International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security (CPS-Sec), pp. 235-239, Philadelphia, October 17-19, 2016.
Wireless networks Rahul Singh and P. R. Kumar, “Throughput Optimal Decentralized Scheduling of Multi-Hop Networks with End-to-End Deadline Constraints: Unreliable Links.” Preprint, June 5, 2016.
Simon Yau, Liang Ge, Ping-Chun Hsieh, I-Hong Hou, Shuguang Cui, P. R. Kumar, Amal Ekbal, and Nikhil Kundargi, “WiMAC: Rapid Implementation Platform for User Definable MAC Protocols Through Separation.” Proceedings of the 2015 ACM Conference on Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM ’15), pp. 109-110, 2015.