Skip To Main Content

Chemical Engineering Minor

The Department of Chemical Engineering offers a minor in Chemical Engineering. For more information on the program, and the requirements, follow the link.

Chemistry Minor

Students seeking a minor in chemistry must complete the Declaration of Minor in Chemistry form and have it approved by the undergraduate advisor in chemistry (Room 104 Chemistry) and their academic advisor. A minor in Chemistry should represent course work taken in the discipline beyond courses that might be used to satisfy core curriculum science requirements (8 credits).  Therefore, though CHEM 101/111 or CHEM 107 and CHEM 102/112 are prerequisites to all of the listed courses, they are not considered part of the minor program.  The course work listed (17-20 credits) represents various sub-disciplines within the field of Chemistry and would give the student an overall knowledge base fitting a Minor in Chemistry. This is consistent with the statement on minors published by the American Chemical Society.

Business Minor

Students applying for a minor in business must have a 2.0 or better overall GPR. Application is made in the student’s home college or major department. Some colleges and departments outside Mays Business School may not permit their students to have a minor.

Engineering Minors & Certificates

For specific information on requirements for each minor, please contact the appropriate departmental undergraduate advisor. A list of all undergraduate minors offered at Texas A&M University can be found in the undergraduate course catalog. For the departments who have information about their minor or certificate available on the web, a link is provided below.