- Understanding and manipulating interactions between chemical kinetics and transport processes for process intensification
- Areas of investigation include the design of multilayer catalytic and/or permselective membranes for hydrogen extraction, synthesis of electroceramic membrane materials for hydrogen and/or oxygen separation under reactive conditions and identifying optimal integration strategies in microchemical / portable chemistry systems.
Awards & Honors
- Member, ISCRE Board of Directors (2010-present)
- Recipient, ACS Doctoral New Investigator award (2008)
- Recipient, NSF CAREER Award (2008)
- Recipient, DuPont Young Faculty Award (2007)
- Recipient, Office of Naval Research Award (2007
- Ph.D. Notre Dame 2003
- B.S. North Carolina State University, 1997
A. Moreno, S. Damodharan and B.A. Wilhite, “Influence of Two-Dimensional Distribution Schemes upon Reactor Performance in a Ceramic Microchannel Network for Autothermal Methanol Reforming,” I&EC Research, 49, 10956-1094 (2010).
D. Kim, D. Donohue, B. Kuncharam*, C. Duval and B.A. Wilhite, “Towards an Integrated Ceramic Micro-Membrane Network,” I&EC Research, 49, 10254-10261 (2010).
A. Moreno and B.A. Wilhite, “Autothermal Hydrogen Generation from Methanol in a Ceramic Microchannel Network,” Journal of Power Sources, 195(7), 1964-1970 (2010).
A. Suresh, J. Basu, C.B. Carter, N. Sammes and B.A. Wilhite, “Synthesis and Characterization of Cobalt-doped Barium Cerate-Zirconate (BaCe0.25Zr0.6Co0.15O3-d) for Simultaneous Hydrogen Production and Electrochemical Separation,” Journal of Materials Science, 45, 3215-3227 (2010).
A. Suresh, J. Basu, N.M. Sammes, C.B. Carter and B.A. Wilhite, “Synthesis and Activity of Cobalt-Doped Barium Cerium Zirconate for Catalysis and Proton Conduction,” Advances in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells V, Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings, 30 (4), 167-173 (2009).