Awards & Honors
- 2010 Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) Fellow, Texas A&M University
- 2007 Dow Chemical Fellow, Texas A&M University
- 2006 Brockett Professor, Texas A&M University
- 2006 Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) Fellow, Texas A&M University
- 2001 Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) Special Research Fellow, Texas A&M University
- 1997 Visiting Fellow, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- 1996 Burgers Fellowship, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 1996 Japanese Government Research Award for Foreign Specialist
- 1991 Superior Accomplishment Award, NASA Langley Research Center
- 1989 First Prize: Engineering Division of 'The 1989 IBM Supercomputing Competition'
- 1977 National Merit Scholarship, India
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1990
- M.S., Cornell University, 1986
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 1983
B. M. Riley, J.C. Richard and S. S. Girimaji. Magnetic Field Effects on Axis-Switching and Instabilities in Rectangular Plasma Jets. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. Vol. 82 (3) pp.375-390 (2009).
B. Basara, S. S. Girimaji, S. Jakirlic, F. Aldudak and M. Schrefl. Experiments and calculations relevant to aerodynamic effects during highway passing maneuvers. Lecture notes in applied and computational mechanics. Vol. 41, pp 433- 446 (2009)
K. C. Lee, S. S. Girimaji and J. Kerimo. Effect of compressibility on Z. Xie and S. S. Girimaji. Linear stability of Poiseulle flow at extreme Mach numbers: Linear Analysis and Simulations. Physical Review E 89 (4), 043001 (2014).
R. Srinivasan and S. S. Girimaji. Partially-Averaged Navier-Stokes (PANS) of high-speed mixing environments. Journal of Fluids Engineering DOI. 10.1115/1.4026234. To appear (2014).
S. S. Girimaji and A. Ibrahim. Advanced Quasi-Steady State Approximation for chemical kinetics. Journal of Fluids Engineering 136 (3), 031201 (2014).
S. Suman and S. S. Girimaji. Velocity-gradient dynamics in compressible turbulence: Characterization of Pressure-Hessian Tensor. Physics of Fluids, 25 (12), 125103. (2013)
C. A. Gomez and S. S. Girimaji. Explicit algebraic Reynolds stress model (EARSM) for compressible shear flows. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. To appear (2013).
C. A. Gomes and S. S. Girimaji. Toward Pressure-strain correlation modeling of compressible shear flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 733, 325-369 (2013).
D. Reyes, S. S. Girimaji, K. S. Abdol-Hamid and M. Pandya. Computations of High-Lift Wing-Body configuration on Unstructured Grids using k – w models. To appear in Journal of Aircraft (2013).
A. A. Mishra and S. S. Girimaji. Inter-component energy transfer in incompressible homogeneous turbulence: multi-point physics and amenability to one-point closures. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Volume 731, September, pp 639 – 681 (2013).
S. S. Girimaji and S. Wallin. Closure modeling in bridging regions of variable-resolution (VR) turbulence computations. Journal of Turbulence, Volume 14, January Issue 1, pages 72-98 (2013).
G. Kumar and S. S. Girimaji. WENO-enhanced Gas Kinetic Method for highly compressible transition and turbulence simulations. Journal of Computational Physics, Journal of Computational Physics 234 (1), pp. 499-523 (2013).