Awards & Honors
- IEEE Fellow
- U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) EARLY CAREER Award in 2004.
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer in IEEE Communications Society .
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer in IEEE Vehicular Technology Society.
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBCOM) 2009, Hawaii, USA, 2009.
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Wireless Communications and Networks Conference (WCNC) 2010, Sydney, Australia, 2010.
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) 2007, Washington, D.C., USA, 2007.
- TEES Select Young Faculty Award for Excellence in Research from College of Engineering at Texas A&M University (2006).
- Ph.D., Department of Electricl Engineering and Computer Science (Electrical Engineering--Systems), The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Xi Zhang and Jia Tang, "Power-Delay Tradeoff Over Wireless Networks,"IEEE Transactions on Communications, Accepted and to appear 2013.
Wenchi Cheng, Xi Zhang, and Hailin Zhang, "Joint Spectrum and Power Efficiencies Optimization for Statistical QoS Provisionings Over SISO/MIMO Wireless Networks,"IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (J-SAC), Accepted and to appear 2013.