- Optimal State and Parameter Estimation for Boolean Dynamical Systems
- Discrete Prediction and Inference of Regulatory Networks
- Small-Sample Classification and Error Estimation
- Applications in Cancer Proteomic Biomarker Discovery and Validation
- Applications in Modeling Infectious Disease Processes
- Ph.D., The Johns Hopkins University, 2002, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- M.S.E., The Johns Hopkins University, 1998, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- M.S.E., The Johns Hopkins University, 1998, Mathematical Sciences
- M.S., State University of Campinas, 1994, Electrical Engineering, Campinas, Brazil
- B.S., Federal University of Pernambuco, 1992, Electrical Engineering, Recife, Brazil
T. Chen and U.M. Braga-Neto, "Maximum-Likelihood Estimation of the Discrete Coefficient of Determination in Stochastic Boolean Systems," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 61, No. 15, August 1 2013, pp. 3880-3894.
Y. Sun, J. Zhang, U.M. Braga-Neto and E.R. Dougherty, "BPDA2d -- A 2D global optimization based Bayesian peptide detection algorithm for LC-MS," Bioinformatics, Vol. 28, No. 4, February 2012, pp. 564-572.
U.M. Braga-Neto, "Optimal State Estimation for Boolean Dynamical Systems," Proceedings of the 45th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, November 2011.
A. Zollanvari, U.M. Braga-Neto and E.R. Dougherty, "Analytic Study of Performance of Error Estimators for Linear Discriminant Analysis," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 59, No. 9, September 2011, pp. 4238-4255.
A. Zollanvari, U.M. Braga-Neto and E.R. Dougherty, "Joint Sampling Distribution Between Actual and Estimated Classification Errors for Linear Discriminant Analysis," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 56, No. 2, February 2010, pp. 784-804.
E.J.M. Nascimento, U.M. Braga-Neto, C. Calvazara, A.L. Gomes, F. Abath, B. Acioli, C.A.A. Brito, M.T. Cordeiro, A.M. Silva, C. Magalhaes, R. Andrade, L.H.V.G. Gil and E.T.A. Marques, Jr., "Gene Expression Profiling During Acute Stage of Dengue Infection," PLoS ONE, Vol. 4, No. 11, November 2009, p. e7892, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0007892.
M.T. Cordeiro, U.M. Braga-Neto, R.M.R. Nogueira and E.T.A. Marques, Jr., "Reliable classifier to differentiate primary and secondary acute dengue infection based on IgG ELISA," PLoS ONE, Vol. 4, No. 4, April 2009, p. e4945.
D.C. Martins, Jr., U.M. Braga-Neto, R.F. Hashimoto, M.L. Bittner and E.R. Dougherty, "Intrinsically Multivariate Predictive Genes," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 2, No. 3, June 2008, pp. 424-439.
U.M. Braga-Neto, "Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Small-Sample Microarray Classification," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Special Issue on Signal Processing Methods in Genomics and Proteomics, Vol. 24, No. 1, January 2007, pp. 91-99.
U.M. Braga-Neto and E.A.T. Marques, Jr., "From Functional Genomics to Functional Immunomics: New Challenges, Old Problems, Big Rewards," PLoS Computational Biology, Vol. 2, No. 7, July 2006, p. e81
U.M. Braga-Neto and E. Dougherty, "Bolstered Error Estimation," Pattern Recognition, Vol. 37, No. 6, June 2004, pp. 1267-1281.
U.M. Braga-Neto and E. Dougherty, "Is Cross-Validation Valid for Small-Sample Microarray Classification?" Bioinformatics, Vol. 20, No. 3, February 2004, pp. 374-380.