1. Total Number of Hours (32)
2. A minimum of 24 classroom hours (excludes 681, 684, 685, 691).
- Classroom hours must be taken from courses within the College of Engineering and College of Science.
- At least 15 classroom hours must be ECEN courses.
3. A minimum of 5 hours of research (691) must be included on the degree plan. A maximum of 8 research hours can be included.
4. Transfer hours allowed from another institution (6)
- Transfer hours must be from a "peer institution."
- Transfer hours are subject to the approval of the GSC.
5. Undergraduate hours allowed (9)
- Only 400 level undergraduate courses can be included on degree plan.
6. Seminar (681), Internship (684), Directed Studies (685): no more than (3) hours allowed (combined).
7. Final defense of thesis is required for all MS students.
- A thesis proposal must be approved by the supervisory committee and submitted to the Graduate Office prior to the defense.
- Date and location of the thesis defense must be scheduled through the Graduate Office so that official notification can be provided to OGS.
- Thesis must be submitted to committee members at least two weeks before defense.
8. Composition of supervisory committee
- At least two members from within the ECEN Department and within the student's focus area.
- At least one member from within the ECEN Department but outside the student's focus area.
- At least one member from outside the ECEN Department.