Terms and Conditions: Program Requirements
- Successfully completing the grade and credit requirements for the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn guarantees full admission to Texas A&M University. While this does not guarantee admission to a particular academic college or major, students can apply to any degree granting major at Texas A&M including those in the Dwight Look College of Engineering.
- Students who do not successfully complete the grade and credit requirements or gain transfer admission will not be able to continue their enrollment at Texas A&M after the second year, but may be eligible for admission as a returning student after the next fall semester (subject to current readmission criteria).
Optional Early Entry into Engineering
- An early entry to an engineering major option is available for Engineering Academy students who have completed a minimum of one math, one science and one engineering course required for their preferred major(s) and have earned a minimum 3.5 CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) at both institutions, as calculated by Texas A&M. The CGPA will be calculated per Texas A&M Student Rule 10.2 and 10.21.This option is available as early as the second semester.
Grade and Credit Requirements
- Successful and timely completion of the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn requires that participants have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in at least 45 hours of transferable work from Blinn College and a minimum CGPA on at least 15 credit hours from Texas A&M University and:
- At least 12-15 credits taken at Texas A&M must be in three or four credit-hour courses that satisfy Texas A&M Core Curriculum or Degree requirements (exceptions include ENGR 111 and ENGR 112, which are two credit hour courses); and
- Courses taken at Blinn College must be appropriate for the student’s preferred major at Texas A&M. Other courses may not be counted toward meeting the minimum required hours; and
- Any transferable credits earned through institutions other than Blinn College or Texas A&M prior to entry into the program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement only; grades received for these credits will not count toward the Blinn GPA requirement. Once a student has entered the program, all credits must be earned at Texas A&M and Blinn College if they are to be used to satisfy program completion requirements. Any Credit by Examination received through Texas A&M before the start of the program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement.
Students enrolled in the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn must satisfy the following:
- An Engineering Academy student must enroll for a minimum of 12 total credit hours each fall and spring semester. Three to five credit hours will be at Texas A&M (including one academic course), and the remainder will be at Blinn College. Exceptions to these guidelines will be approved only under extenuating circumstances.
- An Engineering Academy student that successfully completes a total of 15 credit hours during a semester will be allowed to enroll in six credit hours at Texas A&M the following semester.
- An Engineering Academy student may enroll in a total of six Texas A&M credit hours and a total of six Blinn credit hours per summer term. Exceptions to these guidelines will be approved only under extenuating circumstances.
- An Engineering Academy student who drops to zero hours, thus withdrawing from Texas A&M, will forfeit all Texas A&M student privileges for the remainder of the term (i.e. use of campus facilities, residence halls, sports tickets, etc.). Unless otherwise prohibited, this student may continue in the program the subsequent semester.
- An Engineering Academy student must plan his/her course schedule to ensure completion of the program in a timely manner, as required under the ‘Timely Completion’ section in these Terms and Conditions.
- A GPA will be calculated at each institution based on the courses taken by the student at that institution. Grades for all transferable courses are to be used in the computation of the GPA at the respective institutions, including the following: failing grades, repeated courses, incompletes, etc. Grades reported as ‘incomplete’ are computed as Fs until the ‘incomplete’ is replaced with a grade.
- Students participating in the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn must satisfactorily complete the program requirements within a period that begins with the fall semester of the year of admission to the program, and ends with the completion of the first summer session following the second year of enrollment in the program. Students must make appropriate progress on passed hours and GPA to remain in the program.
Removal from the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn
- An Engineering Academy student removed from the program for either academic or disciplinary reasons will not be permitted continued enrollment nor guaranteed admission to Texas A&M; continued enrollment at Blinn College will be at the discretion of the Blinn officials.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Detailed information regarding our policy can be found on the BYOD page.
- The payment of fees made to each institution must meet the respective institution’s deadline.
Students admitted automatically to Texas A&M University (top ten percent and academic admits) who elect to enroll in the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn must adhere to the terms and conditions. Students, in good standing, who decide not to participate in the Engineering Academy can elect to continue their co-enrollment status with Texas A&M by joining TEAM.