Welcome to your sophomore year in the college of engineering! Year 2 Resources and Initiatives for Success in Engineering (Y2 RISE) is a new initiative to help bridge the gap between freshman year and your future goals by providing resources and activities to:
- assist in your continued academic success;
- expand your understanding of engineering;
- provide professional development opportunities; and
- help you develop meaningful relationships with peers, faculty and staff.
Tips for Second Year Success
- Manage your time wisely. Need help figuring out how? Attend a time management workshop through the Academic Success Center.
- Talk to your professors. Don’t wait until you are too far behind to attend office hours and help sessions.
- Start exploring career options by visiting the Career Center, attending career fairs, and participating in externships and internships.
- Expand your group of friends.
- Find your passion.
- Get involved and seek out leadership opportunities, but don’t spread yourself too thin.
- Start making your own path!