Dr. Ehlig-Economides is internationally recognized for her expertise in reservoir engineering, pressure transient analysis, integrated reservoir characterization, complex well design, and production enhancement.
Awards & Honors
- Phi Kappa Phi ( University of Kansas)
- Standard Oil of California Fellowship ( Stanford University)
- Sigma Xi (National Honor Research Society)
- Outstanding Faculty Award ( University of Alaska, Fairbanks; School of Mineral Industry)
- SPE Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty, 1982
- Alaska SPE Engineer of the Year, 1982
- SPE Formation Evaluation Award, 1995
- SPE Distinguished Member in 1996
- Lester C. Uren Award in 1997
- SPE Distinguished Lecturer, 1997-98
- National Academy of Engineering, 2003
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University, 1979
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Kansas, 1976
- M.A.T., Mathematics Education, University of Kansas, 1974
- B.A., Math-Science, Rice University, 1971
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., and Spath, J.: “Waterflood Infill Well Pattern Strategies for Horizontal and Multibranch Wells,” SPE 35209 presented at the Permian Basin Oil Recovery Conference held in Midland, TX, 27-29 March, 1996.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., Mowat, G.R., and Corbett, C.: “Techniques for Multibranch Well Trajectory Design in the context of a Three-Dimensional Reservoir Model,” SPE 35505 presented at the European 3-D Reservoir Modelling Conference in Stavanger, Norway, 16-17 April 1996.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., Chan, K.S., and Spath, J.: “Production Enhancement Strategies in Strong Bottom Water Drive Reservoirs,” SPE 36613 presented at the 1996 SPE Annual Conference and Exhibition, Denver, Colorado, Oct. 6-9.
Fernandez, Belkis, Ehlig-Economides, C.A., and Economides, M. J.: “Multibranch Injector/Producer Wells in Thick Heavy Crude Reservoirs,” SPE 53950, presented at the 1999 SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference held in Caracas, Venezuela, April 1999.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., Fernandez, B.G., Gongora, C.A.: “Global Experiences and Practice for Cold Production of Moderate and Heavy Oil,” SPE 58773, presented at the SPE international Symposium on Formation Damage Control, Lafayette, LA, February 2000.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., Taha, M., Marin, H.D., Novoa, E. and Sanchez, O.: “Drilling and completion Strategies in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs,” SPE 59057 presented at the SPE International Petroleum Conference and Exhibition in Mexico, Villahermosa, Feb. 2000.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., and Economides, M.J.: “Single Well Reservoir Management – the Ultimate Multibranch Well Challenge,” SPE 59447 alternate paper for the SPE Asia Pacific Conference on Integrated Modeling for Asset Management, Yokohama, April 2000.
Ehlig-Economides, C.A., Fernandez, B., and Economides, M.J.: “Multibranch Injector/Producer Wells in Thick Heavy Crude Reservoirs,” SPEREE, June 2001
Ehlig-Economides, C. A., and Economides, M. J.: “Accelerating Oil Recovery with p-Mode Production,” World Oil, November 2000.
Guerithault, Raphael, and Ehlig-Economides, C.A.: “Single-Well Waterflood Strategy for Accelerating Oil Recovery,” SPE 71608 presented at the Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, October, 2001
11.Terez, Ivan E., and Ehlig-Economides, C.A.: “Horizontal Wells in Thermal Applications for Displacement and Gravity Drainage,” SPE/CIM 78974, presented at the International Thermal Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium and International Horizontal Well Technology Conference held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, November 2002.