The Texas A&M University Petroleum Engineering Department’s 2017 Student Paper Contest (SPC) was held on Saturday, January 28, 2017. Approximately 470 students competed.
Runnoffs will be held on February 4 to determine which students will go on to represent Texas A&M in the Gulf Coast North America regional competition.
We are looking for individuals or companies to sponsor our Student Paper Contest.
- Diamond - $10,000 (Web and logo recognition, recognition at orientation and dinner, and extra-large plaque)
- Platinum - $5,000-$9,999 (Web and logo recognition, recognition at orientation and dinner, and large plaque)
- Gold - $2,500-$4,999 (Web and logo recognition, recognition at orientation and dinner, and medium plaque)
- Silver - $1,000-$2,499 (Web and logo recognition, recognition at orientation and dinner, and small plaque)
- Bronze - $25-$999 (Web and logo recognition, recognition at orientation and dinner, and small gift)
Sponsorship money is used for student financial grants and helps pay for the costs associated with running the contest (i.e., food, equipment, paper supplies, travel, etc.). If you are interested in sponsoring the contest, contact Kathy Beladi at email@example.com.
If you wish to judge the 2018 contest, read the qualifications below. Our sign-ups will begin later this year, so please check back. Feel free to share this information with others in your company!
- We need approximately 130 Undergraduate level, 25 MS level and 25 PhD level judges.
- Judges must hold at least a BS degree to judge the Undergraduate level, an MS degree to judge the MS level, and a PhD degree to judge the PhD level.
- Judges may be from other engineering disciplines (or a closely related field) and need not be a TAMU former student.
- The contest is an ALL DAY event beginning at 8:00 AM with a 30-40-minute orientation session and lasting until approximately 5:50 PM.
- Student presentations will begin at 9:00 AM.
- We provide a continental breakfast and a lunch.
- We will host an awards dinner following the conclusion of the contest (place TBD). All judges, moderators and students are invited to attend.