Continuum mechanics and its applications to Non-linear materials.
Awards & Honors
- James Bell Memorial Lecture, Johns Hopkins University, Maryland, October 24, 2012
- Special Issue of Mathematical Models and Methods of Applied Sciences, On the occasion of sixtieth birthday (Guest eds: N. Bellomo and J. Malek), Volume 21, 1 (2011).
- Special Issue of Applications of Mathematics, Dedicated to the sixtieth birthday (172 pages) (Guest eds: Pavel Krejci, J. Malek and V. Prusa), Volume 56, 1 (2011).
- Special Issue of International Journal of Advances in Engineering Science and 3 Applied Mathematics, Dedicated to the sixtieth birthday (Guest eds: J. Muralikrishnan and U. Saravanan), 3, 4 issues, (2011).
- Special Issue of The International Journal of Structural Changes in Solids, On the Occasion of the sixtieth birthday (eds: A. R. Srinivasa and S. M. Sivakumar), 3, 3 (2011)
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1978.
- M.S., Illinois Institute of Technology (lIT), 1974.
- B. Tech, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), 1973.
S. Shriram and K.R. Rajagopal, "A Thermodynamic Basis for the Derivation of the Darcy, Forchheimer and Brinkman Models for Flows through Porous Media and their Generalizations," International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 58 (2014): 162–166.
S. Manyam, S. Darbha, and K.R. Rajagopal, "Output Regulation of a Class of Non-linear Systems Using Differential-algebraic Equations," Proceedings of the ASME 5th Annual Dynamics Systems and Control Division Conference, 2 (2013): 635-643.
K.R. Rajagopal, "An Implicit Thermomechanical Theory Based on a Gibbs Potential Formulation for Describing the Response of Thermoviscoelastic Solids," International Journal of Engineering Science, 70 (2013): 15–28.
S. Darbha and K.R. Rajagopal, "A Methodology to Assess the Safety of Automatically Controlled Vehicles," International Journal of Advanced Engineering Science Applied Mathematics, 5 (2013): 87–93.
J. C. Criscione and K.R. Rajagopal, "On the Modeling of the Non-linear Response of Soft Elastic Bodies," International Journal of Non- Linear Mechanics 56(2013): 20–24.