Computational and Experimental Mechanics of Composites, Composites Design for Offshore, Aerospace and Wind Energy and Biomedical applications, Hybrid and Multifunctional Composites
Awards & Honors
- Fellow of American Society for Composites
- Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Honorary Fellow, U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- Wayne Stinchcomb Award and Memorial Lecture, ASTM Committee D-30, 2012
- Texas A&M University College of Engineering Fellow, 2003-2004
- TAMU Mechanical Eng. Academy of Distinguished Graduates, 1997
- Texas A&M University International Excellence Award, 1993
- Texas A&M University Honors Program Teacher/Scholar Award, 1991
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1980
- M.E., Nuclear Engineering,Texas A&M University, 1977
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Bogazici University (Robert College), Turkey, 1976
Truong, H. T. X., Lagoudas, D. C., Ochoa, O. O., Lafdi, K., “Fracture Toughness of Fiber Metal Laminates: Carbon Nanotube Modified Ti-Polymer Matrix Composite Interface,” J. of Composite Materials”, 2014, vol. 48, no. 22, pp. 2697-2710.
Nanami, N., and Ochoa, O. O., “ Bird Impact Study of A Preloaded Composite Wind Turbine Blade”, Proceedings of 199h International Conference on Composite Materials, Montreal, Canada, July 2013.
Kulkarni, M., Ochoa, O. O., “Light Weight Composite Proppants: A Discrete Approach”, J. Composite Science & Technology, Volume 72, Issue 8, 2012, pp. 879–885.
Nanami, N., and Ochoa, O. O., “Assessment of a Modular Composite Wind Turbine Blade”, ASC 26thAnnual Technical Conference, Montreal, Canada, September 2011.
Sarzyznski, M., Ochoa, O. O., Lafdi, K., “Multifunctional Hybrid Carbon Foams: Integrating Processing and Performance”, J. Composite Materials, vol. 44, no. 5, March 2010, pp. 621-638.
Finite Element Analysis of Composite Laminates, O. O. Ochoa and J. N. Reddy Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992, ISBN 0-7923-1125-6