The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Texas A&M University organizes its faculty in the following four major research areas with applications in energy, healthcare, homeland security, big data and informatics, infrastructure & transportation, and systems engineering.
- Faculty: Banerjee, Bukkapatnam, Curry, Ding, Elwany, Johnson, Klutke, Lawley, Leon, Malavé, Sagapuram
- Focus: manufacturing processes and systems, additive manufacturing, logistics and supply chain, quality, reliability and maintenance.
Human and Organizational Systems
- Faculty: Banerjee, Ferris, Lawley, Sasangohar, Ntaimo
- Focus: cognitive engineering, healthcare delivery, human information processing, system engineering, engineering management.
- Faculty: Butenko, Elwany, Gautam, Kianfar, Kumar, Leon, Moreno-Centeno, Ntaimo, Smith, Wortman
- Focus: optimization, stochastic processes, applied probability, risk analysis.
- Faculty: Banerjee, Bukkapatnam, Ding, Gautam, Johnson, Kianfar, Kumar, Moreno-Centeno
- Focus: data analytics, production economics, simulation, spatial optimization, stochastic optimal control