•Design and implementation of mixed-signal processing circuits and systems.
•Power Management, Medical and Environmental Applications. RF Communication Circuits.
Awards & Honors
- IEEE Fellow (92)
- Halliburton Professorship, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1993.
- IEEE Guillemin-Cauer Award, 1995.
- Honoris Causa Doctorate awarded by the National Institute for Astrophysics, Optics, and Electronics (INAOE), Mexico, November 1995.
- Texas Senate Proclamation #373 for Outstanding Accomplishments.
- IEEE Darlington Award, 1997.
- Texas Instruments Analog Engineering Chair Professor Holder , College of Engineering, Texas A&M University. March 1999- January 2002
- William & Ruth Neely/ Dow Chemical Faculty Fellow (2000-2001) Engineering Program Texas A&M University.
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Golden Jubilee Medal Recipient , May 2000.
- Texas Instruments/ Jack Kilby Chair Professor Holder, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University. February 2002- Present
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Technical Achievement Award, May 2008.
- Outstanding Professor Award 2011
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Distinguished Lecturer (2012-2013).
- Ph.D. University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1974
- M.S. Stanford University, Stanford California, 1970
- B.S. National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico, 1965
J. Torres, M. El-Nozahi, A. Amer, S. Gopalraju, R. Abdullah, K. Entesari, and E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Low Drop-Out Voltage Regulators: Capacitor-Less Architecture Comparison”, accepted at IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine.
M.M. Elsayed, M. Abdul-Latif, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “A Spur-Frequency-Boosting PLL With a – 74dBc Reference-Spur Suppression in 90nm Digital CMOS”, IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuit, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp.1-14, September 2013.
C. Qian, J. Shi, J. Parramon, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “A Low-Power Configurable Neural Recording System for Epileptic Seizure Detection”, IEEE Trans. On Biomedical Circuits and Systems, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 499-512, August 2013.
M. A. Rojas-González , J. Torres, P. Kumar and E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Design of a Integrated Single-Input Dual-Output 3 Switch Buck Converter Based on Sliding Mode Control”, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 76, No. 3, pp. 307 – 320, February 20, 2013.
E. Pankratz, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Survey of Integrated-Circuit- Oscillator Phase Noise -Analysis,” International Journal of Circuit Theory an Applications, published online February 4, 2013.
H. Amir-Aslanzadeh, E. J. Pankratz, C. Mishra, and E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Current-Reused 2.4-GHz Direct-Modulation Transmitter With On-Chip Automatic Tuning,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 732-746, April 2013.
R. Abdullah, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “A Biopotential Amplifier With Improved Common Mode Gain,” IEEE Fourth Latin American Symposium on Circuits and Systems (LASCAS), pp. 1-4, February 27, 2013.
J. Chang, T. Ge, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Challenges of Printed Electronics on Flexible Substrates,” IEEE 55th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 582-585, September 20, 2012.
M.A. Rojas-Gonzalez, J. Torres, E. Sánchez-Sinencio and P. Kumar, “An Integrated Dual- Output Buck Converter Based on Sliding Mode Control,” IEEE Third Latin American Symposium on Circuits and Systems (LASCAS), pp. 1-4, March 2012.
M.A. Rojas-Gonzalez, J. Torres, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Design of a Fully-Integrated Buck Voltage Regulator Using Standard CMOS Technology,” IEEE Third Latin American Symposium on Circuits and Systems (LASCAS), pp. 1-4, March 2012.
M. Abdelfattah, A.N. Mohieldin, A. Emira, A.K. Hussien, E. Sánchez-Sinencio, “Ultra-Low-Voltage Power Management Unit for Thermal Energy Harvesting Applications,” 2012 IEEE 10th International New Circuits and Systems Conference (NEWCAS), pp. 381-384k 2012.