1. Total Number of Hours (30)
2. A minimum of 27 classroom hours (excludes 681, 684, 685).
- Classroom hours must be taken from courses within the College of Engineering and College of Science.
- At least 18 classroom hours must be ECEN courses.
3. Transfer hours allowed from another institution (6)
- Transfer hours must be from a "peer institution."
- Transfer hours are subject to the approval of the GSC.
4. Undergraduate hours allowed (9)
- Only 400 level undergraduate courses can be included on degree plan.
5. Seminar (681), Internship (684), Directed Studies (685) hours allowed (3)
- Research (691) hours are not allowed on an MEN degree plan.
6. Final examination may be waived for any MEN student maintaining a GPR of at least 3.0. A petition to waive the final exam must be submitted through the Graduate Office.
7. A final project report is required to be submitted to the Graduate Office. A graded project report from any ECEN graduate course can be used to fulfill this requirement.
8. Composition of supervisory committee
- The Graduate Coordinator will be the chair of all MEN committees. No other committee members are needed.