1. Total number of hours (30)
- A minimum of 27 classroom hours (Excludes 681, 684, & 685) from
- College of Engineering
- College of Science
- College of Business(at most one course, and only from the INFO Dept.)
- A minimum of 24 classroom hours from the
- Departments of Computer Science and Engineering and
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- At least 13 of these 24 hours must be in Electrical & Computer Engineering Department.
2. Transfer hours allowed from another institution (6)
- Transfer hours must be from a peer institution
- Transfer hours are subject to approval of the Graduate Studies Committee
3. Max undergraduate hours (9 hours/400 only)
4. One hour of seminar is allowed (ECEN/CSCE 681) but is NOT required.
5. No more than 3 hours of ECEN 681, 684 and 685.
6. A report is required in at least one of the ECE or CSE courses.**
7. Students may petition for exemption from the final oral with the approval of the student's Committee Chair.
8. Composition of committee
- The Graduate Coordinator will be the chair of all MEN committees. No other committee members are needed.
9. Additional course requirements are listed below.
**This report must be presented either prior to the approval of an application for exemption from the final oral exam (requires a minimum GPR of 3.0), or at the time of the final oral exam.