Due to the continued increase of competitive applications, the Texas A&M College of Engineering is moving to a total holistic review process beginning August 2016. This new policy applies to all applications to engineering, including Texas A&M automatic admits.
Factors that are considered during the review process include the following:
- Academic achievements — class rank and SAT and/or ACT scores as well as completion of Texas A&M's required coursework
- Personal achievements — involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, employment and summer activities as well as any talents, awards and honors
- Information shared in all essays, including the optional "Additional Personal Information" shoebox question
Engineering applicants will be considered for the following programs:
General Engineering at College Station
Engineering at Galveston (general deadline only)
Engineering Academies at Blinn-Bryan (general deadline only)
Deadlines to remember:
- All materials must be received by October 15, 2016. Decisions will be made by mid-Dececmber.
- All materials must be received by December 1, 2016, which is consistent with the university deadline. Decisions will be made by mid-January.
Admission to Texas A&M University will continue to be achieved in one of three ways — top 10% admits, academic admits and review admits — and admission decisions will continue to be communicated on a rolling basis.