- Intelligent sensors
- Speech processing
- Face recognition
- Machine olfaction
- Neuromorphic computation
- Mobile robotics
- Pattern recognition
- Machine learning
View the complete list of publications
Awards & Honors
- Association of Former Students College-level Distinguished Teaching Award, 2009-2010
- Texas A&M University Barbara and Ralph Cox '53 Faculty Fellow, 2009
- Tenneco Meritorious Teaching Award, 2009
- Ramón y Cajal Award, Spain's Ministry of Education and Science, 2005-2010
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, 2002
- IEEE, Senior Member
- ISOCS, Steering Committee, Member
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1998
- M.S., Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1995
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain), 1992
R. Gosangi, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Active classification with arrays of tunable chemical sensors Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 132, Page(s): 91-102, 2014.
J. Harris, S. Vance, O. Fernandes, A. Parnandi, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Sonic Respiration: Controlling Respiration Rate Through Auditory Biofeedback Proc. ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2014) Works-in-Progress, 2014.
S. Aryal, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Accent conversion through cross-speaker articulatory synthesis Proc. 39th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2014.
Frank M. Shipman, Ricardo Gutierrez-Osuna, Caio D.D. Monteiro Identifying Sign Language Videos in Video Sharing Sites ACM Transactions on Accessible Computing, in press, 2013.
J. Huang, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Active analysis of chemical mixtures with multi-modal sparse non-negative least squares 38th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2013.
Avinash Parnandi, Beena Ahmed, Eva Shipp, Ricardo Gutierrez-Osuna Chill-Out: Relaxation training through respiratory biofeedback in a mobile casual game Fifth International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services (MobiCASE 2013), 2013.
A. Parnandi, Y. Son, R. Gutierrez-Osuna A Control-Theoretic Approach to Adaptive Physiological Games Humaine Association Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII), 2013.
S. Aryal, D. Felps, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Foreign Accent Conversion through Voice Morphing Interspeech, Page(s): 3077-3081, 2013.
J. Huang, R. Gosangi, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Active Concentration-Independent Chemical Identification with a Tunable Infrared Sensor IEEE Sensors Journal, 2012.
J. Choi, B. Ahmed, R. Gutierrez-Osuna Development and Evaluation of an Ambulatory Stress Monitor Based on Wearable Sensors (Article) IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 99, Page(s): 279 - 286, 2012.