- Distributed real-time systems
- Scheduling algorithms
- Communication protocols
- Anonymity and privacy, computer-supported security education
Awards & Honors
- Chevron Faculty Fellowship Award, 2008-2009
- Best Paper Award, 2006 EuroMicro Conference on Real-Time Systems
- Tenneco Meritorious Teaching Award, 2005
- BP Amoco Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence, 2002
- Best Student Paper, 1998 National Aerospace and Electronics Conference
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994
- Diploma in Informatics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
Cifuentes, L., Mercer, R., Alvarez, O., and Bettati, R., "An Architecture for Case-based Learning," TechTrends, Springer Verlag, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 44-50, Nov.-Dec. 2010.
W. Yu, Nan Zhang, Xinwen Fu, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Localization Attacks to Internet Threat Monitors: Modeling and Countermeasures," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 59, No. 12, pp. 1655 - 1668, December 2010.
S. Wang, Y. Ahn, and R. Bettati, "Schedulability Analysis in Hard Real-Time Systems Under Thermal Constraints," Real-Time Systems, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 160 -- 188, 2010.
S. Wang, D. Xuan, R. Bettati, and W. Zhao, "Toward Statistical QoS Guarantees in a Differentiated Services Network," Telecommunication Systems, Springer, Vol. 43, No. 3-4, pp. 253 - 263, April 2010.
Y. Zhu, X. Fu, B. Graham, R. Bettati, and Wei Zhao, "Correlation-Based Traffic Analysis Attacks on Anonymity Networks," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp 954 -- 967, July 2010.
Ye Zhu and R. Bettati, "Compromise Anonymous Communication Systems Using Blind Source Separation," ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC), Vol. 13, No. 1, Article 8, pp. 8:1, Publication Date: October 2009. - 8.31.
R. Bettati, "Modern Traffic Analysis and Its Capabilities," The NEXUS, Directorate of the Combined Arms Center (CAC) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, March 2009 Edition. (Invited paper to electronic journal)
Ye Zhu and R. Bettati, "Information Leakage as a Model for Quality of Anonymity Networks," IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Systems, Vol. 20(4), pp. 540-552, April 2009.
S. Cho and R. Bettati, "Use of Competition Detection in TCP in Simple Topology Networks," Computer Networks: The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking, Elsevier North-Holland, Inc., Vol. 53(11), pp. 1903-1925, July 2009.