- Human-Computer Interaction
- Software Design
- Information Retrieval
- Digital Libraries
Awards & Honors
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering Mentoring Award, 2014
- Guseman Award, 2002
- PhD, Computer Science, Texas A&M University, 2007
- MS, Computer Science, Southwest Texas State University, 1997
- BS, Biochemistry, Texas A&M University, 1991
J.M. Moore and F. Shipman, “Combining the Analysis of Spatial Layout and Text to Support Design Exploration”, Proceedings ASE 2008, The 23rd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, Sept. 2008.
S. Bae, C. Marshall, K. Meintanis, A. Zacchi, H. Hsieh, J.M. Moore, and F. Shipman, “Patterns of Reading and Organizing Information in Document Triage”, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T), 2006.
J.M. Moore, Communicating Requirements Using End-User GUI Constructions with Argumentation. Proceedings ASE 2003, The Eighteenth IEEE International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 360-363.
J.M. Moore and F. Shipman, "A Comparison of Questionnaire-Based and GUI-Based Requirements Gathering", Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Automated Software Engineering, 2000, pp. 35-44. (~20%) (Nominated for Best Paper Award)