- Real-time distributed computing systems
- Behavior Modeling and Simulation
- Cyber Physical Systems Security
Awards & Honors
- Senior Member: IEEE Computer Society 2014, IEEE Computer Society, Communication Society, Signal Processing Society
- Nominated for the 2013 ACM Eugene L. Lawler Award for Humanitarian Contributions within Computer Science and Informatics
- General Co-chair, 13th IEEE Real-time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, 2007
- Program Co-chair, 12th IEEE Real-time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, 2006
- Executive Committee member of the IEEE Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems for 2007-2008
- PH.D., Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Michigan, 1989
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, The National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, 1981
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, The National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, 1979
Guoyu Fu and Jyh-Charn Liu, “Order of Pseudoranges (OOP) of GNSS Systems: Spatial Modeling and Analysis,” 2015 ION GNSS.
Guoyu Fu, Lingjun Pu and Jyh-Charn Liu, “Line-Of-Sight Based Multipath Avoidance for GNSS Signals: Data Structures and Algorithms,” 2015 ION GNSS.
J. Pecarina, M Fu, Jyh-Charn Liu, “Observation and Mitigation of Causal Re-Ordering in Distributed Business Process Logs,” The 2015 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2015), nominated for best paper.
S. George, X. Wang, and J.-C. Liu, “MECH: A Model for Predictive Analysis of Human Choices in Asymmetric Conflicts,” The International Conference on Social Computing, Behavior-Cultural Modeling and Prediction (SBP) 2015, Washington D.C. (2015).
Dobreva, I.D., Bishop, M.P., Liu, J.C., Liang, D., “Development, Evaluation and Parallelization of a Spatio-Temporal, Topographic, and Spectral GIS-Based Solar Radiation Model (extended abstract),” 13th Int’l Conf. on GeoComputation Geospatial Information Sciences The Univ. of Texas at Dallas, May 2015.
Hao Wang, Shi Pu, Gabe Knezek, and Jyh-Charn Liu, “MIN-MAX: A Counter-Based Algorithm for Regular Expression Matching,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Jan. 2013 (vol. 24 no. 1), pp. 92-103.