- Web-scale information management
- Distributed data-intensive systems
- Information retrieval
- Social Computing
Awards & Honors
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2012
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) Young Investigator Award, 2012
- Montague-CTE (Center for Teaching Excellence) Scholar for excellence in undergraduate teaching, 2011-2012
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Young Faculty Award (DARPA YFA), 2010
- Google Research Award, 2009
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering Graduate Faculty Teaching Award, 2009
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- M.S., Computer Science, Stanford University, 2001
- M.S., Engineering-Economic Systems & Operations Research, Stanford University, 2000
- B.A., Economics magna cum laude, Duke University, 1996
A. Fayazi, K. Lee, J. Caverlee, and A. Squicciarini, "Uncovering Crowdsourced Manipulation of Online Reviews," SIGIR 2015.
H. Lu and J. Caverlee, "Exploiting Geo-Spatial Preference for Personalized Expert Recommendation," RecSys 2015.
Z. Cheng, J. Caverlee, H. Barthwal, and V. Bachani, "Who is the Barbecue King of Texas?: A Geo-Spatial Approach to Finding Local Experts," SIGIR 2014.
K. Kamath, J. Caverlee, K. Lee, and Z. Cheng, "Spatio-Temporal Dynamics of Online Memes: A Study of Geo-Tagged Tweets," WWW 2013.