- Embedded Systems Design
- Wearable Computing
- Signal Processing
- Cyber-Physical Systems
Awards & Honors
- Andrew P. Sage Best Transactions Paper Award from IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society 2014
- NSF CAREER Award 2012
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Real-Time & Embedded Technology & Applications Symp. (RTAS-CPS Week 2011)
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley, 2006-2007
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2006
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2000
Viswam Nathan, Roozbeh Jafari, "Design Principles and Dynamic Front End Reconfiguration for Low Noise EEG Acquisition with Finger Based Dry Electrodes, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (T-BioCAS)," Accepted for publication.
Hassan Ghasemzadeh, Roozbeh Jafari, "Ultra Low Power Signal Processing in Wearable Monitoring Systems: A Tiered Screening Architecture with Optimal Bit Resolution," accepted for publication in ACM Transactions in Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), vol 13, issue 1, no. 9, August 2013.
Vitali Loseu, Hassan Ghasemzadeh, Roozbeh Jafari, "A Mining Technique Using N-grams and Motion Transcripts for Body Sensor Network Data Repository," Proceedings of the IEEE (PrIEEE), vol.100, no.1, pp.107-121, January 2012.