- Stochastic analysis of networks
- Graph algorithms
- Internet measurements
- Peer-to-peer networks
- Congestion control
- High-performance web crawling
- Massive-scale information retrieval
- Topology modeling
Awards & Honors
- Best paper award, IEEE P2P 2009
- TEES Fellow, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2008-2009
- Best paper award, WWW 2008
- TEES Select Young Faculty, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2005-2006
- Ph.D. Computer Science, City University of New York, 2002
- B.S. Computer Science (with honors), Moscow State University, 1995
Z. Shamsi and D. Loguinov, "Unsupervised Clustering Under Temporal Feature Volatility in Network Stack Fingerprinting," ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2016.
Z. Shamsi, A. Nandwani, D. Leonard, and D. Loguinov, "Hershel: Single-Packet OS Fingerprinting," ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2014.
H.-T. Lee, D. Leonard, X. Wang, and D. Loguinov, "IRLbot: Scaling to 6 Billion Pages and Beyond," WWW, April 2008.
S. Bhandarkar, A.L.N. Reddy, Y. Zhang, and D. Loguinov, "Emulating AQM from End Hosts," ACM SIGCOMM, August 2007.
D. Leonard, V. Rai, and D. Loguinov, "On Lifetime-Based Node Failure and Stochastic Resilience of Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Networks," ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2005.
Y. Zhang, S-R. Kang, and D. Loguinov, "Delayed Stability and Performance of Distributed Congestion Control," ACM SIGCOMM, August 2004.
X. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Li, and D. Loguinov, "On Zone-Balancing of Peer-to-Peer Networks: Analysis of Random Node Join," ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2004.
D. Loguinov, A. Kumar, V. Rai, and S. Ganesh, "Graph-Theoretic Analysis of Structured Peer-to-Peer Systems: Routing Distances and Fault Resilience," ACM SIGCOMM, August 2003.