Civil engineers are society's problem solvers. Do you want to make a difference? Consider a career in civil engineering...
Camp BUILD is a one-week summer camp designed for high school juniors and seniors. Students are given the opportunity to explore Civil Engineering as a major at Texas A&M University and experience the Aggie culture!
Some of the camp activities:
- Work on fun design projects, guided by civil engineering faculty and students.
- Learn how engineers use the engineering design process.
- Tour department facilities and labs like our structures and materials testing facility and the Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
- Enjoy recreation: Scheduled opportunities on-campus as well as off-campus. Stay in a dorm: Dorm life is part of the Aggie experience!
- Learn about the A&M admissions process: Students and parents will receive information about Texas A&M admissions as well as financial aid opportunities.
Program Dates to be announced soon!
To be eligible for Camp BUILD, students must be an upcoming junior or senior in high school. Females and minorities (groups that are underrepresented in the engineering field) are encouraged to apply.
The camp fee is $400 (includes housing and meals). Do NOT send money when applying to the program. Campers will be asked to pay the fee once they have been accepted into the program. A limited number of partial scholarships are available for students who qualify (see Scholarship Request Form).
Participants will be responsible for transportation arrangements and any costs associated with transportation to and from the camp. Transportation to camp activities will be provided by the Camp BUILD staff.
The application materials include the completed Application Form, a current official transcript, and two essays. A Teacher Recommendation Form (to be completed by a high school math or science teacher) is also required. The teacher (not the student) must submit the form directly to the Department of Civil Engineering; see details on the recommendation form. For eligible students, a Scholarship Request Form may be included in the application packet.
All application materials must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2017. Selection will be based on academic qualifications and potential benefit to the participant. Participants will be notified of acceptance shortly after. Students selected for the program will receive more detailed instructions at that time.
For more information
Administrative Coordinator I
Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
Mail application to the following address:
c/o Crystal Faust
140 Civil Engineering Building
College Station, TX 77843-3136