Engineering has been a part of Texas A&M University since its inception in 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. Today, the Dwight Look College of Engineering is the largest college on the Texas A&M campus with more than 350 faculty members and more than 15,000 engineering students in our 14 departments.
Our college is consistently ranked among the nation's top public programs. We are also among the top universities in the number of National Merit Scholars, nationally recognized faculty and funded research.
The best way to learn more about Texas A&M Engineering is to come visit us. Our college is located on the north side of the Texas A&M University campus in College Station, Texas.
To schedule a visit and for more information and directions to campus, see the Texas A&M University Visitor Center.
The mission of the Dwight Look College of Engineering is to serve Texas, the nation and the global community by providing engineering graduates who are well founded in engineering fundamentals, instilled with the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior, and prepared to meet the complex technical challenges of society.
To achieve this mission the Look College is committed to:
- ensuring an academic environment conducive to our faculties achieving the highest levels of academic and research excellence;
- building upon our traditional partnerships with industry, engineering practitioners and former students, to enhance our impact on the profession of engineering;
- encouraging excellence, innovation and cross-disciplinary initiatives in education and research;
- providing national and international leadership in undergraduate and graduate engineering education;
- becoming the engineering college of choice for the increasingly diverse citizenry of the state; and
- encouraging and supporting opportunities for our students to grow beyond their chosen disciplines by participation in ethics courses, leadership programs, study-abroad programs and research.